Friday, August 19, 2011

Initiating the Blog

I've been thinking for a while now that I should start a blog.  The resounding problems with a person such as myself starting a blog are as follows:

1.  I am terrible story teller. I imagine this will have a significant impact on the success of this blog.  This shall act as a warning to all that many of these posts may end up dragging on with little substance and end without a conclusive result because I apparently missed class the day we learned how to engage people with delightful stories.

2.  I do not have anyone to read my blog.  There are few people in this world that will get enjoyment out of reading these ridiculous (or not so ridiculous) stories.

3.  It frightens me that these stories will be saved for eternity in the electronic world of the Internet.  Let's hope that by the time my hypothetical children are able to navigate the Internet (I assume this will be around at 7, assuming they can read by then) that the Internet has run out of real estate and the first things to be destroyed are nonsense such as blogs. 

Despite these potentially crippling issues with this blog, I've decided to forge ahead for the sake of the thoughts that constantly rumble through my head and to spark additional heated conversations with my significant other. 

In an effort to keep things short and sweet (I'm accustom to a 140 character limit), I'll stop here.  I always find that I stick with blogs, articles, etc.  when they fit within a short enough time period that I can get away with reading them at work without drawing attention to the fact that I'm not actually doing anything.  So  I think we've probably met that requirement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment